The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Thursday 23 June 2011

crafty stuff and wool

I needed to buy a few pairs of cheap scissors for my upcoming workshops at Buddhafield festival, so I ambled round the craft section of the Range in Exeter...dangerous for someone like me who loves dabbling in crafty things. I nearly bought one of those punches that punches out pretty shapes, it went in the basket, but was hung back up again on the rack a few minutes later. It was £6 and I couldn't justify it! I did succumb to a pack of sticky backed foam shapes that were only £1.

I stuck some of them onto some scraps of wood from the firewood pile
dabbed some ink from a stamp pad on them and did a bit of printing.
What fab birthday cards or party invites these would make.

Further to an earlier image...... I unrolled this

and washed a bucketful of it.
My vague plan is to spin it and perhaps make a rug.
I acquired it when I spent a morning fleece rolling for a big commercial farmer a few months ago. I've no idea what it is.It was just one that 'looked nice' that I chose from the several hundred that we rolled that morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment