The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Friday 3 June 2011

Elderflower champagne and rabbits


Elderflowers are coming out...elderflower champagne time. Vince has been getting excited about it for about a month, so I'd better not disappoint him.
It's really just fizzy flavoured sugary water, but it tastes wonderful and it's a good substitute for wine. I'm experimenting with cutting down on the sugar content.
While I was bottling the second batch this morning someone came in and offered me a couple of freshly shot rabbits, I thought it made a pretty good 'rustic' image.

I've still got to get round to skinning and chopping them up..rabbit stew over the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment