The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Tuesday 28 June 2011

sewing

My sewing stuff had been all tidied away since the 'big day', and I finally got it out again and had a sewing day a few days ago. I had a pile of stuff to patch including jeans, jeans pockets and vince's favourite shirt, which has definitely seen better days but he wanted it patched up for just a bit longer! Now back in the winter I made this skirt from a pattern I made up myself. It needs dying a sensible colour...

I then made another, longer one which I've worn a lot

They are technically very badly made (as mrs fairysteps pointed out to me ahem!), but they represented a huge leap in sewing confidence for me, and with this new found confidence I recently decided to alter a skirt I've had for ages.
 I was given this very lovely skirt by a friend years ago, but it had a gathered waistband which was very un-flattering. So I took it apart
cut some bits out and re-sewed it together and I just need to put a zip in it now. I'm really pleased with it.

While I was in the sewing mood I did a long overdue, tho' rather un-seasonal easy peasy job..


a cover for my hottie so I don't have to wrap it in a t shirt when it's too hot!
 And the other BIG project which I have been putting off for a while but need to get on with is this...
Eeeek.
It's the awning for our caravan. the mesh flyscreen bits have all perished so I've bought some new flyscreen. I'm off to Buddhafield festival in two weeks to do lots of yoga, chill out and, most importantly, teach book workshops .. in this awning. Hmm, better stop doodling with my blog and get sewing..

No comments:

Post a Comment