The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Monday 27 June 2011

A wonderful ordinary day

Look out..... photo overload today....


Today was just an ordinary day yet I felt so glad to be alive and so happy to be doing the things I do in this beautiful place. I planned to go to work in the morning as the forecast was for rain this afternoon, but it rained this morning so I baked and cooked..

A vat of soup with mixed beans and wild and cultivated greens


Trifle base with redcurrant jelly, raspberries and blackcurrants

Buns!, (and bread )
  Then off to work in the afternoon on my trusty bike. (I drive a lot of the time, but this job is only  about a mile away so I often cycle)


Me in a home-made summery top (it's uphill all the way there so I'm warm)


My trusty work boots


Cows watching me pass...I love cows
 The earth and the plants all smelt fantastic, still wet from the rain and warmed by the sun
The view from the office

The view IN the office


me sheltering in the barn from a brief shower of rain


The ride home

How idllic is all that? I'm such a lucky person, and to top it all I come home to a lovely man who I love more than I thought it was possible to love someone (ahhhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment