The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Tuesday 19 July 2011

Book workshops at Buddhafield


Firstly hello to anyone who came to my workshops at the festival, and thank you all for your enthusiasm, I enjoyed teaching you all enormously. If anyones book is in an image below and you'd like your name added let me know! Also apologies if I got any of the days wrong in my image captions, I think they are all correct.
I forgot to take pictures on Wednesday, when we made single section books.

concertina books from the first workshop on Thursday
concertina books in progress at the second workshop on Thursday

the awning full of people making books on Thursday morning,
with the sun still shining.
 There were 11 of us in there one rainy morning, very cosy!

an unusual workshop visitor...that's festivals for you!

some pretty decorations on a book cover


finished multi section case bindings Saturday morning
case bindings in progress Sunday morning



finished case bindings from Sunday morning......beautiful
Lots of lovely and hopefully much loved books. I think I could have run twice as many workshops and filled them. Sorry to those who couldn't get on one...maybe next year. I also have plans to do marbling and paste papers next year, look out for experiments here later in the year. And you'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to see all the crafty stuff I got up to, I'm still recovering!..

No comments:

Post a Comment