The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Monday 18 July 2011

A festival with a difference

This was my third visit to Buddhafield, and it's only just occurred to me how different it is from other festivals. It's very small compared to many, it has a no alcohol and no drugs policy. There's a lot of yoga and meditation, and there's more and more crafty stuff each year, which was lovely for me, and is where I realised I wanted to be when I wasn't teaching people how to make books. I had gone with the intention of doing loads of yoga and meditation, but making beautiful things is my meditation.
Below are too many images from the festival, I'll post all the crafty and book workshop ones tomorrow.
a stone age earth oven, baking real bread


early morning


quite a crowd at Buddhafield

compost toilets



'what's on' board, can you see the bookmaking, centre left?

the 'green crafts' area

my caravan and mended awning in the corner of the green crafts area

a shrine in the healing garden

wood fired showers, £1.50, luxury!



beautiful rainbow flags

2 comments: