The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Wednesday 6 July 2011

printing

On Sunday I had a great day out. In the morning I went into Exeter to see the dragon boat racing, which was quite impressive, like mini viking longships. Unfortunately I didn't take any photos, but here's one I got from their website. I'd never heard of them before but a friend had seen them practicing down at the quay.

I waved hello to the Tinners morris men and would have liked to hang around longer but I had to rush off to a printing workshop at West Town Farm. We went for a short walk to find inspiration and collected leaves, grasses and seedheads.
I love printing, I don't do it often enough. There's a kind of magic about it. It's one step removed from drawing directly. The print always looks to me as though someone else had a hand in it.

my neighbour busy carving and my piece of lino half carved
then we got all inky

oak leaf print (and inky lino)

prints drying in the sun



my lino and prints (taken when I got home)

my favourite
  I can see possibilities for book covers and endpapers. Talking of books I'm busy chopping paper and card up for the workshops at Buddhafield festival next week. I'm also busy repairing our very ancient caravan awning, pictures of both in the pipeline. Oh yes and a bit of spinning on my drop spindle..and learning some new songs, life is GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment