The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Monday 22 August 2011

Lots of wooly stuff

So, I have lots of things I should be doing for Open Studios, but instead I'm gadding about at Fibrefest, which was at Bicton College over the weekend and was utter heaven for a fibreaholic. Luckily I didn't take too much money so only bought some shetland wool, some alpaca, and a  knitted mermaid, and came home with lots of inspiration.
peg loom weaving

more peg loom weaving
 And the most amazing knitted thing I've ever seen. A huge inside and out sculpture of the Devonshire coastline...all knitted, with cliffs, water, seagulls, fishermen, pebbles, everything. It is a project that was devised by Alison Murray (link to her blog when I've got more time..), and I was in a hurry to get to a talk,so almost ran round! I'd love to see it again. They were raising money for the RNLI, a charity we are keen to support in view of our future sailing plans (er..nothing much happening there at the moment but we live in hope)
Above and below the Waves

not a brilliant photo, but you get the idea

Fishy bunting

RNLI boat, this pic's forthe lovely Peter
 who collects for them regularly
And so the next exciting thing is..
oooh...what's this..

instructions..

lots of bits..

Some help from Vince..

and I have my own spinning wheel..
I borrowed a wheel from my mum and then she said she had this one in a box in the loft, so it's my early birthday present...or maybe a late wedding present? And now I have to resist it for a few weeks while I work on my patchwork garden, my patchwork cloth, my books, and my 'proper' job of looking after peoples gardens. Oooh but can't I just spin a little bit of the shetland wool...or try dying some and then spinning it?! And have I got time to make a peg loom?!

No comments:

Post a Comment