The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Wednesday 7 September 2011

firewood

Well, I've done some sewing and spinning, but I can't find my camera so this will have to do for now...
One of my many passions is chopping and stacking firewood, not very girley, but very rural living. Here is a picture taken a while ago..it's even bigger than that now.


 I'm so proud of it. Just in case you think I cut all this I did have a nice young man from up the road (one of our neighbours, who lives about a mile away) round twice for two hour sessions sawing and carting with his chainsaw and tractor. Apart from that yes, I have split and stacked most of this. I feel like a squirrel with a larder full, and I feel that whatever happens with the world we will have wood to keep us warm and cook on if we need to. We don't normally cook on the woodburner but we can easily put a pan on it and make a stew (bless you..!)

1 comment:

  1. Lovely! (And I read every post, even if I don't always comment.)

    ReplyDelete