The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Friday 16 September 2011

Wool again..


And so the wool theme continues.. 

carded candy floss
(or elderberry dyed wool!)


spun candy floss

miscellaneous bits of cloth
from the elderberry and onion skin dyebaths
 And finally I dug out this motley collection of single ply balls of wool. They are all leftover from my jumper project  and were spun on my drop spindle. There are all sorts of lovely colours and textures in amongst them, but I've no idea what they are now! I'm plying them together, and then all I have to do is wash and dry them and knit them into something. It's not a speedy process this wool thing is it...good job I enjoy it!
single ply balls and plied skeins
And talking of knitting, my friend Mrs Fairysteps, who is as mad about wooly stuff as I am has lent me some knitting books, they are simultaneously inspiring and scary. Between her and my mum and some local knitting groups I might learn to knit properly eventually... and maybe spin properly too, there's SO much to learn.

I've done a bit of sewing but need to find the credit for the pattern before I tell you about it, and I can feel some book making coming on, and have promised myself I'll get some books out on Etsy when open studios is over.

...and have you spotted that I've learnt how to do 'links'....I'm easily pleased!

No comments:

Post a Comment