The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Friday 4 November 2011

Learning lots about bread making

I recently had the luck be invited, along with a friend, to be a guinea pig on a  3 hour bread baking workshop. Now, I've made a lot of bread over the years, but I'm a bit slapdash, don't follow recipes, and anyway, I believe that there's always lots more to learn about everything.
we mixed

and kneaded
(wetter is better, I make mine too dry I decided)

mmmm, that looks good..

After it had risen we did this
(that's mine front right)

And they came out like this

And can you believe it, in between we also made these...

Pumpkin bread,
 this dough was pre mixed and risen

yum, we didn't get to eat these
as they were for a pumpkin supper that evening

And finally some soda bread
very quick to make, needs eating fast..not much problem there

We even had time for a cup of tea
And I was right, I learnt loads, and it was a lovely afternoon, with a room full of fellow bread making enthusiasts. Emma, who taught us is planning to do some more workshops. So if anyone wants to learn about bread making, or learn MORE about bread making from a very lovely person (who I've just noticed has recently won an award!), then watch this space.. (not mine, the one below)

http://www.realfoodexeter.co.uk/

No comments:

Post a Comment