The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Friday 3 February 2012

A christmas present

Ok I know it's now February 3nd, I'm a bit behind with my blogging!
A bit of embroidery

 A pink leather cover
 A book for the parents of my new niece
 And some stickers to put in the book to record her first years
They seemed pleased with it, and I met her in person last week.
I'm not a baby person at all, but as babies go (she's about 6 months now) she was pretty cute!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Nina,
    I've just come across your blog...
    The book is beautiful, I _love_ the embroidery. A couple of random things...
    The border morris photos remind me of our local morris dancers, the Powder Kegs (there was a gunpowder mill a couple of miles away a long time ago, hence the name). And the Owl and the Pussycat quote... reminds me of another, which I thought I had written down but I cant seem to find it.... 'the time has come, the walrus said, to talk of many things. Of why the sea is boiling hot and whether pigs have wings'. Is that from the same story?
    I did say it would be random (!).
    emily
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily, I just looked up the Powder Kegs, and yes, they look pretty much like us, but they have a better website that us, hmmm, there's a project for me! The Owl and the Pussy Cat was written by Edward Lear, The Walrus and the Carpenter was written by Lewis Caroll and is from the book 'Through the looking Glass'. He also wrote Alice in Wonderland. You are right though, I can definately see the similarity, tho' the Walrus and the Carpenter has a slightly sinister ending ...especially if you are vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete