The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Sunday 4 March 2012

Book workshop

So, gosh another post, so soon, what is the world coming to?!

Yesterday I taught another book workshop to a group of Weavers, Spinners and Dyers.

Here they are, working hard

 A marbled paper cover
 A cloth cover
 A collaged cover in progress
And here are a few of the books finished (or almost finished).
They all made lovely books, and seemed to enjoy their day, which is really satisfying for me.
 The following day they had a gathering to spin & chat
 and I took along some books (most of my books in fact!), and talked to them about how I got into book making, showed them all the different styles of books I've made over the years, and also the books I've filled over the years. I'm planning one day to do some posts about some of my 'filled' books
... don't hold your breath. I post when I feel like it and I'm a grasshopper by nature, so posts may be days or months apart, as you may have noticed if you visit regularly?!....

2 comments:

  1. A month later and I have just discovered your blog about our workshop...love it... and I really enjoyed our day. I have made another three books as gifts since then...All our members that had not been able to join us at the workshop were suitable jealous !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you enjoyed it, and really pleased you've gone on to make more, I bet the recipients were pleased with their books. Nina

    ReplyDelete