The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Monday 7 May 2012

Doodling

I've been doodling and painting.
Sue Simpson does some very beautiful calligraphy and doodling. I've been inspired by her stuff for a while, and last week she did a 'how to' post. It's not as though I haven't done much doodling before, but I thought having a go at these might add a new dimension or a bit more zing to my doodles.
Here's one of her doodles and a link to her post

click on image to link to Sues doodling tips

Here is the doodle I did one evening, just from memory. It's on a thick folded piece of paper so it might be a birthday card for someone.

This is one I did a while ago, again insired by Sues stuff. It's a bit smudgy because it's before I'd realised that using waterproof pens is pretty important if you're going to colour it in with watercolour, doh, obvious in retrospect!


And here are a couple of little watercolours I've done in my diary. Of course I'm only showing you the best ones I've done, some are definitely not as good as these.
lovely old stone bird bath
(unfortunately not in my garden!)

a fiddle
(also not mine, tho I do have one that looks very like this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment