The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Saturday 29 December 2012

New workshops for next year


I've been teaching book making workshops for a while and I've noticed that people are increasingly interested in my personal sketchbooks and diaries. Here are my 8 most recent diaries, I think I scrapped 2004, and you may notice I didn't get round to covering  2010, it spent a whole year thrown in and out of my bag  and survived very well, which shows how sturdy my stitching technique is!
2003 to 2007 (2004 missing)

2003 to 2007 inside

2008 to 2011

2008 to 2011 inside
(and yes, I've chosen the prettiest pages!)

Because of this interest, and because I'd love to encourage others to keep journals / diaries / sketchbooks, whatever you want to call them, I'm planning extend my workshop repertoire into teaching creative journalling/sketchbooks/diaries/notebooks.

In January I've been asked to do some one hour workshops for  Organic Arts who are having a big re-launch, so I'm going to do 'nature journalling'. Click here for information about the free workshops on offer in January

I'm also hoping to tempt some friends around before then to 'practice' on them in the same way that I practised on some friends with marbling and paste papers earlier this year. I learn a huge amount from trying things out on friends, and hopefully my friend have some fun, and my official punters get a better quality of workshop as a result.
So, here is a little autumn themed book I've made as an example of what we might do on a workshop

Autumn book


 And then I got carried away and made this Haberdashery book which isn't full yet. 

Haberdashery book

This took a bit longer, sewing all those buttons and ribbons on, but it did get me to sort my button collection out.
I can see I'm going to get into making these little theme books, I've got a stash of stuff waiting to be put into more books, and they'd make lovely little presents.

No comments:

Post a Comment