The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Thursday 7 February 2013

Diary pages, weeks 4 and 5

I'm just about keeping up with filling my diary,
Here is week 4 topped up a bit
 And week 5

I took photos this week rather than scan, I think I prefer the photos, it looks more in context. I took these in indoor light, not bad considering.

5 comments:

  1. I really like your format, but I don't think I can keep up with having an entry each day, although that's really something that I aspire to do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hwee, if you look closely I don't actually manage more than 3 or 4 sketches each week. Some of the background color/washes is stuff from unsuccessful watercolours I've done at various workshops over the years, which I cut up and bound into my diary. I love your sketches by the way, I was browsing back through your archives last night, very inspiring. Looks like you do quite a lot of sketching?

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Nina. I only have time for sketches these days, although I still have a few yet-to-be-finished paintings laying around waiting for me to complete them. I hope to be able to go back to painting at some point, but rather than getting frustrated by the lack of a whole stretch of uninterrupted time to paint, I've decided to go with the flow of my life right now and do what I can within short intervals of time, i.e. sketching. :-) I figured it's good to brush up on my drawing skills that way too.

      Delete
  2. No that I know much about art, but the violin looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi belinda, I don't think you need to 'know about art' to like something!, thank you.

      Delete