The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Sunday 29 September 2013

A book of winter pleasures

I made about 5 of these as christmas presents a few years ago. I meant to make one for myself but had run out of enthusiasm by the time I'd made 5 of them! I was very pleased with them but they were quite time consuming. It would make a lovely workshop one day.
This is the one I made for my mum, she gets it out every autumn and has it on display over the winter then puts it away in the spring. Posting this makes me realise how lucky I am to have a mum who appreciates my creations.
One page isn't shown which has a silhouette of a pair of feet and says 'putting your feet up in front of a fire'

The patterns of fallen leaves

The silhouettes of trees

Looking forward to snowdrops

"Things to enjoy in winter"

1 comment: