The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Wednesday 2 October 2013

Village cricket

Vince plays for a local village cricket side. During the summers of 2011 and 2012 I would tag along at matches dreaming of summer evenings, the nostalgic sound of leather on wood and polite clapping. Every time I went it was b****y freezing.
This year the dream came true.
I took my knitting and sewing along and had some lovely lazy days.

A charity match at Chagford cricket ground
Roses round the balcony


Vince off to bat
(he's a bowler mainly,
but my camera isn't good enough to get decent shots of him bowling) 

Moretonhampstead

Moretonhampstead cricket pavilion
(they need some roses round the balconys!)

And here is this years birthday cake. Can you tell what it is?!
Oh dear it's a bit wonky.
 I'll get the hang of this cake decorating lark one day

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Nina, your patience with the crap summers we've been having have finally paid off ad you got to do the real English cricket watching thingy in decent sunshine! Hurrah! And hey, don't knock yourself, those stumps look great to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynne,
    ....and I got to do some sewing and knitting, even better!

    ReplyDelete