The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Sunday 17 November 2013

A medley of recent things


Mums birthday
Below are some wonderful pebble mosaics I saw in a courtyard garden at Devon Open Studios in September. This is another of the many things I'd like to have a go at one day.
Pebble mosaics
 ..and seeing those made me notice these lovely cobbles outside our local church
Old cobbles
 I wonder how long these have been there?

I recently did an evening 'Printing Without a Press' workshop at the Double Elephant studios in Exeter.

Corr, I loved doing these. The bottom left image is printed on fabric. With the long evenings approaching I feel an urge to get back into fabrics again.

I've done a lot of arty stuff recently, but rather than fill this post up too much I'll do another one soon with more catch ups in it.

I've written a long rambly post about life and art, and where I may or may not be going with it. It feels too disjointed and a bit scary to share it right now. I think I'm hoping that telling you might prompt me to get on and be more open. I love posts from others that are all soul searching and honest.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about the pebble mosaics. Very inspiring.

    I look forward to your post about where you're going with your art. That sounds really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE mosaics, and only have to see another to start collecting all manner of things to embed in concrete or whatever ...then nothing happens and I find stuff months later that I haven't used! Post your thoughts, Nina, and we can all have a good riffle through them and pass on our advice - to be taken or ignored as it suits you!

    ReplyDelete