The Owl and The Pussy Cat

The Owl and the Pussy-cat went to sea In a beautiful 'red and white'(!) boat, They took some honey, and plenty of money, Wrapped up in a five pound note. The Owl looked up to the stars above, And sang to a small guitar, 'O lovely Pussy! O Pussy my love, What a beautiful Pussy you are, You are, You are!What a beautiful Pussy you are!'


Edward Lear











Tuesday 4 March 2014

Goodbye to blogger for a while

I've finally decided to say goodbye to blogger for now. I've read blogs that end suddenly with a final entry years ago and no explanation, and I find that a bit creepy, so this is an explanation of why I'm not posting here at least for a while.
I just haven't had the urge to blog recently. I am doing more and more teaching which I'm really enjoying, also lots of music and morris dancing and creative stuff. I spend my online time answering emails, trying to get my website more together and I have a facebook page where I post images of booky stuff that I do

https://www.facebook.com/NinaFennerHandmadeBooks

I may come back here one day, but for now it's goodbye to those of you I've never met, and I look forward to seeing you in person to those who read this and who I see in real life.

Finally a few pictures from the last few months
just to show I've been having a lovely time...
Workshop with my local embroidery group

A dragon skin book!

Binding a commission for a friend

Pollen laden bumble bee

Sorting my button collection

A medieval-inspired book

Coptic binding
Knitted cafetiere cosy for a friend
(vince playing guitar in background)
That's all for now, have lots of fun x

4 comments:

  1. Love the cafetiere cosy and the sorted button collection. Two ideas I shall poach! All the best for your new projects and thanks for your support of my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodbye and good luck Nina! it has been nice reading your posts and following what you do. I hope you have a splendid time doing your own thing. Who knows .....you may return one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nina. I've enjoyed reading your blog. Do it for fun, not because you feel like you have to. I'm not entirely sure whether anyone reads mine, or indeed, who it's aimed at, but I enjoy occasionally writing about something I feel passionate about. Keep creating and I'll look forward to reading about things on Facebook if not here. Steve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will miss you; bye for now

    ReplyDelete